Monday, October 26, 2009

Awkward First Post

So I guess I should fill in the background info that way everyone isn't lost in later blogs. I'm 23 about to be 24, I grew up in a small suburb outside of Cleveland, Ohio.

My parents have been happily married for 35 years and I have 1 younger sister. My dad is your stereotypical dad in most aspects. He can fix anything and he's good with cars, however my father hates most sports except racing. Growing up he raced stock cars until I was 7 or 8. My mother is not typical at all. She has worked at the same job since she was 18. She's never been one to make dinner every night at all the other stuff June Cleaver did. My mom lives for all things football and baseball. She especially loves Cleveland Sports which she learned from her mother and her mother's father. Growing up she took me too many (and I mean MANY) football and baseball games. I was because of these two I got my love of football and racing. My sister is my complete opposite. I was always what everyone considered the good kid and she was more of the rebel child. Our relationship is very rocky especially now that I have moved back home.

Growing up my life was pretty average. In high school I was competitive cheerleader and student trainer for several sports team... there was nothing special about high school for me it was very average.

I went to a small liberal arts college about 2 hours away from home. While I was there I pretty did all the stereotypical college things, went to lots of football games, parties, dated a fraternity guy (he'll be back in future posts I'm sure of it) , joined a sorority (so will they)... all that stuff.

Now I'm graduated with a degree in Athletic Training and living at home with my family again for the first time in 5 years. Now that I'm back here I'm trying to find a "big kid" job but in the mean time I've been working part time watching my high school cheerleading coach's 2 kids. Well now that that is done let's get to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment