Monday, March 15, 2010

UPDATE!

Wow where as the time gone... I can't believe we're already halfway into March. Sorry there have been no posts, I've had a good reason though, there as been lots going on in my life and around me which has led to my lack of writing. Don't get me wrong I've tried to sit down and write several times it just never happened. So since I last wrote here whats been going on.....

So one thing I failed to mention in my first all about me blog are my amazing circle of friends. Now most people have 1 best friend they have had there whole life and all that. Not me. First off I have more then 1 I have 5, and most of them I've only know about 7 years (give or take depending on the person). Two of them are guys, the first one R, is a member of the marine corp who I met through one of my other best friends and while I've known him since I was 17 we've only have become close the last few years. The 2nd one D, I met through a mutual friend when she tried to set me up with him to be his and mine senior prom dates after I broke up with by my boyfriend. Needless to say it didn't work out but we did becomes good friends. This is important because they are majorly involved in why I've been so busy.

Like I said before R is in the marine corp as a member of the marine reserves, well what we have expected for months happened he will be called to active duty. This has been extremely hard on me because he and I are close and he's the one of people I look to when I'm feeling down or need to vent. I'm trying to enjoy my time with him before he lives but at the same time I scared and I don't want him to leave because I'm not sure he'll come back and when he does will he be the same friend I had when he left. So spending what time I can with him for the last few month has be huge for me.
Next up is D. During college I rarely saw him do to our busy schedules, so now that I'm home and only 15 minutes away we have spent a lot of time together for a few reasons. The first one is we like to hang out and we always have fun, 2nd is that in August after 3 years of putting up with her crazy ways D broke up with his girl and decided to turn over a leaf. He was gonna be the perfect boyfriend for the next girl, so a few weeks went by and started seeing a girl from the college b ball team. She was perfect (so he thought), determined to not let history repeat itself he introduced us and wanted us to be friends. It wasn't hard she was nice and friendly and she reminded me a lot of my sister. This lead to me and D traveling to all of her games, home and away for the rest of the season (like 20 plus games all over the state), as well making the team cookies and or cupcakes for every game and many other side trips as well. Awesome right? What girl wouldn't want that. As great as things started they went down hill just as quick, she started to act weird and treat D like crap. I tried to be good and supportive but if there is one thing I know about him its that if he gets a gut feeling he's usually right. And like everything else he was. She had been hiding stuff and didn't want him to know about stuff. Devastated D went into a bad depression, which was really hard to watch as well frustrating because I wanted to choke his now ex for what she did to him.

So my focus as been on that the last 2 weeks especially. I mean call me crazy for caring about this so much but that is one thing I can say for sure that I'm extremely protective of the people in my life, D and I describe as similar to a mother bear and her cubs which spot on in my opinion. But there is some good news in all of this craziness D befriended a girl from my college's b ball team and they have now begun to date. She is awesome and it has been a complete 180 from the last few months. I wish I could tell her thank you for just being her and helping bring him back from where he was, I'm so happy to see him smiling again.

Plus to make things for me crazier D decided he wanted to play football again after taking 3 years off. So now on top of being best friend, I am the personal assistant, trainer, driver, photographer, and cook. Basically I'm like his mom (he calls me that on occasions), and to be honest I love it and wouldn't change a thing.

Well now you know it all... so hopefully I can get back on here and start posting more frequently again.

No comments:

Post a Comment