So the last few days around here have been awful... not that things are always amazing I mean after all I'm living at home with my parents who still think that I'm 13 and that I don't share with my sister... seriously I think we're over that stage. Sorry advance this is gonna be a long one due to some computer issues!
Anyways.... So here's what's been happening. Monday night I missed the final episode of Greek (my favorite show), well I go on to ABC family's website and the video won't work so I start googling for it. Well I finally thought I had found my show after about 10 minutes of searching... so I click on the link and go to the page, it looks creditable (WRONG!) so I click on the link for the show where it proceeds to tell me to okay the video (BIG MISTAKE)... as soon as I hit OK I realized I made a HUGE mistake... This was a virus... so I stop and start searching my computer to find it and delete, 20 minutes later I can't find it so I figured well maybe my virus software found it or I'm just being paranoid and everything is okay. Well just to be sure I found a website that you didn't have to download anything to watch the show... it was awesome by the way (Can't lie I wish I was in ZBZ and going to CRU). By Tuesday afternoon I had forgot all about my stupid download until I started getting all of these pop notices about Trojan virus and stuff.... SHIT! But by this point it was to late to call anyone so I figured I would work on it after work the next day.
Wednesday at work was crazy. I love my job and the kids I watch. Unfortunately little R was having a bad day (I didn't think you could those at 1), she cried all day and was super clingy to me which is tough because I can't do anything with a 1 year old tied to my arm, not mention the bad back and shoulder were not cool with this. So needless to say I was ready to leave at 5. When I got home I started to look at my computer, around 7 my dad suggested we finally take it someplace that it was to screwed up for me to fix on my own... so pissed off I let him take me to best buy.
Now if there is one thing that annoys me more then anything in the world it is people who talk to down to me. I've seemed to noticed that there are 2 kinds of people who do this a lot, especially to girls. The first one is car salesmen, apparently girls are supposed to be dumb about cars, well news flash this girl isn't. The 2nd one is IT guys/computer geeks. And this pisses me off because you know they are only talking to me like this because I'm girl who looks like a stereotypical ditz... well again I know a lot more then you think and I'm not gonna let people talk to me like that. So needless to say the Geek Squad agent got an ear full when he tried to start talking to me this way. Finally after a lively 15 minute debate my dad talked me into leaving my precious laptop there, under the conditions that I would have it back by Sunday, they wouldn't delete any of my files, and they would call me everyday with an update (Remember this for later)... So after we left and got back into the car, my father being the wonderful guy he is asked if something was wrong because I seemed a little edgy lately.... with that I burst into tears (the poor guy) and begin to tell him about everything that had been bothering me since I moved home.
Before I finish let me just say that between my parents, my father is more into the nurturing, lets just sit down and talk about how you feel then my mother is, not that she doesn't care, she's not just likely to ask me about it, she'll take but only if I bring it up. We are lot closer then my mother and I are. I always have felt like if anything was wrong talking to him and telling him about it will make it better and make me feel better.
Well, this time was no different. After pouring 5 months of problems onto the guy, I felt a little better and I think he did too knowing what was going on.
Thursday was supposed to be the best day of the week (it didn't turn out that way as you can guess). The day started with school and me feeling energized and motivated enough to take on cleaning up my closet. Which I did and it looks fabulous! However the excitement was short lived when at the dinner table I began to tell my mother everything I had told my father the night before. She immediately got defensive and it ended up with her leaving the table in a huff and me telling my father that I knew she wouldn't understand and I told you this is what would happen. But there was still a chance to make the night fun, it was Greek Week at my college and my grand little and great grand little from sorority invited me down to see Greek Sing which is the last and biggest event of the week. We were paired with the fraternity who has won this event as well as Greek Week for the last 3 years, they were sure we would win it. So I get down there and everything is going good until my sorority little sister texts me and tells me we have to talk. This can't be good.
Background info on me and my little - We used to be super close. When she was a senior in high school she came and stayed with me for a night as part of a program our college does for the seniors who got accepted into school. Well we had a blast and I learned she was gonna be in my major when she came to the school. So the next fall comes around and we instantly become friends and we became even better friends in the spring when I was the trainer for her sport. When fall came back around I decided she would make a great addition to our house, so I put her name on all of the party invites. She was pissed! But it worked, finally at the end of the semester she agreed to check it out with me.. That spring she did and hit off with the girls and became a member. After she was in the house she even became a member of the executive council (our governing body) From there it went down hill. Over that summer she ended up doing some inappropriate things with a friend of mine behind my back, who I had warned her about. At first I didn't care but it continued and started to effect my friendship with them. Annoyed I told him to break off I would tell his girlfriend. This happened a few more times and the last time I told her if she did it again I wouldn't feel bad for her and I would just say I told you so.... Well it happened she did what she did and then he told her he didn't like her and all he wanted was a warm body in bed that night. Rather then get made at him I said nothing to him about and pretended it was no big deal. She was pissed and our relationship has been rocky ever since.
Well back to the present day... She wanted to discuss with me a picture of me that was taken at a wedding that I had been in. The bride was my roommate from college who I met when we pledged the same sorority. Who after some issues both with the house and outside of it decided to stop attending stuff. For whatever reason no one ever talked to my roommate about what she was doing, they just let it go. Well fast forward 2 years, in my eyes she is still my sister. She took the same initiation and pledged the same promises I pledged. So in a slightly drunk state we decided to take a picture doing the hand symbol that our pledge class created as well as the one the sorority does. Well we posted them on facebook and everything was fine until Thursday when my little decides she's want to talk. Since I was unable to stay and discuss it in person she decides to text me (yes she texted me ) about how I'm being disrespectful to the house and my sisters. Annoyed that she says this, seeing as I'm one of only 2 alumni who showed up for Greek sing, I nicely explain how I feel about my wonderful roommate and that we did wasn't wrong. This continues for about 10 minutes and finally completely annoyed and pissed off I tell her that I don't care what she thinks, K (my roommate)is one of only a handful of people in that house who has ever shown me the true meaning of sisterhood. She then tells me that she has too and this in no way is stab at my roommate (who by way she doesn't like). That's when I remind her of the summer and fall she spent naked in my friend's bed and that K would have never done that. Well that ended that conversation. But on a good note the show was excellent and I enjoyed it very much! I am sad to say my house did not win but we did come in 2nd overall and the team that won truly deserved it they were great. Anyways I guess the point of that long story is that at 23 (almost 24) I am an adult. I have 2 parents (and several adopted ones as well), I do not need any one else telling me what to do or what is right and wrong. Especially someone who without me would not be in the position she is in today. Also, I do not miss the drama of sorority, Greek life, or college so please stop trying to create some or bring me into it.
So sadly Thursday was a waste too. Friday was little better I worked 8am to midnight. R and S were really great. R was still a little clingy but nothing like Wednesday. Friday during their nap I also decided to call the Geeks because it had been 2 days and I had heard anything about my computer (Remember they promised to call me everyday). So when I called the agent was really nice (why wasn't he the guy I talked to the first night!) and told me what he was doing with the computer and everything. I asked about when it would be done and he assured me Sunday. Feeling better I thanked him for being so nice and hung up and went back to watching TV and waiting to nap to be over.
Saturday my mom decided to take me to Bed Bath and Beyond to get picture frames so that I could hang up some of my pictures in my room now that I had some stuff cleaned up a bit. So we made a list and went to store and got what I wanted. Once I got home I put all the pictures up and they look great. I'll have to take pictures when I get the chance. Then my dad hung some shelves up for me that we had bought a while back. After that we went out with the family. Overall it was the only good day of the week.
Today was really good though too. My mom made me, my dad and Calie (our dog) pancakes for breakfast. Delicious! After that all 3 of us basically bummed around the house. Around 2 I decided to call and kindly harass the nice geeks at Best Buy again. The guy I talked to told me he was working on it and he would call me with an update in a few hours. So about an hour later we went to see my grandma, while we were there to my surprise the nice Geek Agent guy called me back. He explained again what he was doing. Even though I cared I was more interested in when I would have it back... he hmmm for a minute and then told me he would call back at 6... fine OK whatever as long as you keep your promise. Well we left and came home and finally 6 rolls around... then 6:10... 6:15 and no word... so at 6:30 I decide to go visit them. I get there and the nerd at the desk tells me to wait he's gonna go check. Well there is an issue with some updates and they are gonna need to keep it. Furious I tell him what I was told on Wednesday and explain to him about how I need my computer for school... He tells he's sorry (right like he really cares about whether or not I can go on facebook) and says he doesn't know why they promised me that. So we talk for a few minutes and he tells me that he thinks he has a solution. He tells me to wait a few minutes he will be right back. So he comes back and tells me I can take my computer home now so I can do homework and if I wanted I could bring it back on Friday and they could finish the updates. I think about it a few and say Perfect let's do it!... So now here I sit on my half fixed computer knowing that I'm gonna have to take it back Friday even though I know I don't really want to go another weekend without it. Anyways here's hoping that they can fix it and that this week is much better then last week!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment