Friday, November 27, 2009

Me and my big mouth

I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving! Mine was good. We did the traditional G Family Thanksgiving at my Aunt and Uncle's house. This year was a little different though, my Dad's brother Uncle K told my Aunt that he thought they should deep fry the turkey this year. Well there is one problem my Aunt does not buy a regular turkey she buys this processed Turkey breast thing that look and tastes (in my opinion) horrible. So Uncle K tell hers to get a small real turkey so we all can try it. Let me just say THANK YOU UNCLE K! It was delicious and I don't really even like turkey. So anyways as the night went on we sat around and watched TV and hung out as a family you know the typical holiday stuff. Well we some how got on the topic of Christmas and I was telling my mom she needs to get a small turkey for Christmas cause my dad has gout and we shouldn't have all those leftovers in our fridge cause its bad for him. So we start talking about foods for Christmas, and if there is only thing you should know about me is I'm becoming more and more a believer in making foods homemade even if you can get it in a box and its easier, just because its so much better for you. So I said something along the lines of making real mashed potatoes cause they taste better and a few other things... with that my mother says fine then you make Christmas dinner. CRAP! Now I have to make food for roughly 13 people... oh ok not a big deal. So then we start talking about my mom's family Christmas which is also at our house this year and again my mom and started disagreeing on the food. She wants sandwich trays, I think its tacky, I wanted beef or ham. Well I won that fight cause she also turned that over to me. CRAP again that's dinner for roughly 20 people depending on who shows. So I'm already in planning mode for this. Here's what I have so far:
Christmas Day Dinner - Papa G's Family
MAIN COURSE
- Turkey
- Ham
SIDES
- Stuffing
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cheesie Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Corn
- Peas - Made by Grandma G
- Rolls
- Carrots
DESSERT
- Christmas Cake - made by Aunt K
- French Silk Pie - Store bought from local Restaurant
- Cookies - made by me and Mama G

December 26th - Mama G's Family
MAIN COURSE
- Ham
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cheesie Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetable Medley
- Corn
- Rolls
DESSERT
- Peppermint Pie
- Cookies - Made by whoever brings them
- Pastry - probably from Michael Angelo's

Let me know what you think. I'm also thinking about adding pierogies to this list but I don't know if that will be to much food.

No comments:

Post a Comment